Systems Integration Project (SIP)
To improve health outcomes for persons living with HIV by enhancing the ability of providers to coordinate client information sharing and services across multiple funding programs. The project will focus on improving data systems, and coordinating housing and care services for clients across providers.
About the Project:
The project is a collaboration among The City of Hartford Department of Health and Human Services’ Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) administrator, and the City’s Central Grants Administration’s Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) administrator, along with AIDS Connecticut (ACT). These three key partners will work to integrate two data collection software systems in order to increase the capacity of the City of Hartford to use data to better track and improve health outcomes for persons living with HIV. The grant will run through August 2018.
- Develop and enact new policies and processes to support data exchange and analysis;
- Create a software interface between the two data software systems used by the agencies that provide services to persons with HIV/AIDS in Hartford;
- Develop and implement a cross training curriculum to foster data exchange and analysis;
- Analyze comprehensive data to assess changes in health outcomes; and
- Document and disseminate challenges, lessons learned, best practices, and innovative models.
This initiative is funded through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Secretary’s Minority AIDS Initiative Funding administered through the Health Resources and Services Administration’s HIV/AIDS Bureau through the Special Projects of National Significance Program. In response to the National HIV/AIDS Strategy’s call to strengthen collaboration across Federal agencies and the recommendation to better coordinate and align the provision of housing services with medical care for people living with HIV, this initiative is also being conducted in partnership with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Office of HIV/AIDS Housing. The RAND Corporation is providing national technical assistance to this project.
- Team Hartford 2019 Annual Meeting Slides
- 2018 Ryan White Conference Presentation
- Local Evaluation
- Operational Plan Overview
- Progress Report Presentation
- Retention in HIV Care & Community Viral Load Suppression Protocol
- Letter to Consumers
- Letter to Providers
- HAB HOPWA Data Sharing Letter 8-29-17
- CAREWare CaseWorthy Sharing Consent Form