Case Management Training Institute
The Case Management Training Institute (CMTI), generously funded by the CT Department of Housing, was created to provide a comprehensive training program for individuals with case management responsibilities in AIDS services, AIDS housing, domestic violence, homeless shelters, and transitional living programs, regardless of how the positions are funded (i.e. DPH, HOPWA, DOH, and DMHAS).
Until Further Notice: Due to COVID-19, all CMTI trainings will be held via Zoom. Instructions for joining will be sent upon registration.
In the list below click on the CMTI training title to view complete details for each session, including a link to register.
- Each CMTI training session is limited to 25 participants.
- Unless otherwise noted, all sessions are scheduled from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- All sessions are free for ACT members.
- Non-members will be charged a $25 per person registration fee.
- Registration fees should be paid prior to the training (exceptions will be made for extreme circumstances and determined by Program Manager). Mail checks to ACT, 110 Bartholomew Ave, Ste 3050, Hartford, CT 06106.
- Participants registered for required or other trainings are expected to attend the entire training.
- All registered participants must be on time for training courses.
- All registered participants must sign the official training roster.
- All registered participants must attend the entire session in order to receive credit for the training.
- A participant who misses more than a total of 45 minutes of a 3-hour training shall not receive training credit.
- A maximum of 2 staff per agency may register per training session. If you would like to send more than 2 staff from your agency you must contact the Program Manager at email@example.com to discuss the possibility of special arrangements prior to the training. Anyone showing up unregistered to a training may not be allowed to attend.
- Cancellations may be made with no penalty up to twenty-four (24) hours prior to the day of the scheduled training.
- Failure to attend without sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance will result in a $25.00 charge and may limit access to future trainings.
- Participants may call (860) 247-2437 x313 after 7:00 a.m. to listen to a recorded announcement stating if classes are cancelled. Information will also be available on our webpage at: http://www.aids-ct.org/cmti.html.
- If there is no announcement when you contact the above number or on our website, the class will be conducted as regularly scheduled.
- In the event of a cancellation due to inclement weather, all registered participants will be notified by email of the rescheduled date of the training.
- If the State of Connecticut is delayed or closed training will be canceled. You can check for delays and closures at:
Case Manager MeetingThe next Greater Hartford TGA Case Manager Meeting will take place Wednesday, August 26, 1:00-3:00pm via Zoom. REGISTER NOW
CMTI Online Training:Access ACT's online training website at http://training.aids-ct.org/.
Third-party Online Trainings:
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens
- HUD Lead Based Paint Visual Assessment Training Course
- HUD HOPWA Financial Management Online Training