To return to this page after clicking a link, close the new tab/window.
- Does the law protect me from discrimination on the job or in a job search?
- Do I need to tell my employer I have HIV/AIDS?
- What is a reasonable accommodation? Do I have the right to request a reasonable accommodation? What is the best way to make that request?
- How do I ask my employer for time away from work to see doctors or visit the clinic?
- Are there any jobs I am prevented from doing or getting training for, such as barbering, massage therapy or health care assistance?
- Will my insurance company report my HIV/AIDS status to my employer?
- Can I be denied insurance coverage based on my HIV/AIDS status?
The National Working Positive Coalition is a coalition of individuals living with HIV, service providers, researchers, and advocates who are committed to improving the financial and personal wellbeing of individuals living with HIV and AIDS.
Click above for information on these topics:
- Legal Overview
- Reasonable Accommodation
- Job Interviews
- Medical Inquiries and Confidentiality
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Serving Clients and Customers with HIV/AIDS
- Reasonable Accommodation Policy
- Life Threatening Illness Policy
- Nondiscrimination Policies
- Bereavement Leave Policy
- Confidentiality Policies for Employees and Clients
- Referral Guide